nanog mailing list archives

Re: Seattle Peering

From: "Michael K. Smith" <mksmith () adhost com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 08:36:58 -0700

Hello Paul:

On 9/18/08 8:01 AM, "Paul Stewart" <pstewart () nexicomgroup net> wrote:

Hi folks...

We're working on some plans to peer in the Seattle area.  Choices so far
considered are SIX and PAIX Seattle pretty much....

I was of the impression that if you get a port on one of these
exchanges, you can connect to the other one as well?  Just looking for
clarification from folks who are connected out there..;)  Any charges to
go between the exchanges or it just included?

Speaking from the SIX side, there is no charge to connect to the fabric if
you supply the optics, and there is a one-time fiber cross connect charge of
$200.00 US.  The SIX and PAIX are directly connected and you can peer across
the fabric.  The SIX page is http://www.seattleix.net for more info or you
can email me directly.

I have no idea about charges related to PAIX.

Mike
SIX Tech Guy Hat On