nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 news

From: "Steven M. Bellovin" <smb () cs columbia edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 20:13:20 -0400

In message <17229.41863.627846.668592 () roam psg com>, Randy Bush writes:
I am told that some of the access providers are starting to deploy in
the US, or at least that's what they tell us. Macs and Linux come
with v6 enabled, and Longhorn will as well. So with any luck we will
squeak through this one.

that'll be great for the important applications such as p2p file
sharing.  cool!

but, if you read my message, the point is that all the major
hosted services will not be dual stack.  half of them can't even
provide well-deployed ipv4 service; try united.com.

Maybe ISPs should start warning them of what's coming....