nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 news

From: Brandon Ross <bross () internap com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:56:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 Michael.Dillon () btradianz com wrote:

I'm sure that there will be a frantic scramble, but I don't
expect it to last long enough for an IPv4 black market to
form.

There's already a black market in IPv4. I've seen plenty of offers to "buy" address space through various underhanded schemes. Most take the form of creating a shell company that the space is registered to and then the buyer "acquiring" that company.

--
Brandon Ross                                              AIM:  BrandonNRoss
Director, Network Engineering                             ICQ:  2269442