nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cogent move without renumbering

From: Randy Bush <randy () psg com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 15:39:18 -1000

Actually, your memory is incomplete.  Wasn't it Deering who did the
analysis that it would actually _decrease_ the _global_ table to mere
hundreds, but increase the internal routing tables of large carriers?

the analysis was suspect (you should have seen the sentence i
deleted and replaced with this:-)

And given the perspective of another decade of history, I'd argue that
without the incentive to join IXs, we still have the problem that most
"ISPs that matter" aren't connected to _any_ IX.  (Noted as well by
Paul Vixie in an earlier message.)

this is not what vixie said at all, luckily for him, because it is
incorrect

randy