nanog mailing list archives

Re: Firewall opinions wanted please

From: bill <bmanning () karoshi com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 08:54:57 -0800 (PST)

The best option I guess is to figure out how important it is for you to have a firewall,

_Everyone_ (network connected) should have a firewall.  My grandma should
have a firewall.  Nicole, holding dominion over this business network and
its critical infrastructure, should _definitely_ have a firewall.  ;)

        Why?  When did the end2end nature of the Internet suddenly
        sprout these mutant bits of extra complexity that reduce
        the overall security of the 'net?

        Two questions asked, Two answers are sufficent.

--bill