nanog mailing list archives

Re: Charter blocking Port 25

From: "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <grisha () ispol com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:06:03 -0400 (EDT)

I just tested it and it looks like it isn't happening anymore. But it
definitely was (smtp.east.cox.net), and made me look like an idiot in one
situation where I was convinced the recepient's filter is dropping my
e-mail. If you google usenet for "cox root password" you'll see other
people describing it.

To be fair, this was more likely a fluke and Cox isn't to blame since they
are just trying to do their best to deal with spam... My message was meant
more as a general warning to people, not an anti-Cox thing of any kind, my
cable modem has been very stable lately and throughput is excellent :-)

Grisha