nanog mailing list archives

Re: Xspedius / E.Spire as wellRe: Winstar says there is no TCP/BGP vulnerability

From: Charles Sprickman <spork () inch com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:48:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004,  John Brown (CV) wrote:

On the other hand, SPRINT  was willing and able to take MD5
session info right away.  WAY TO GO SPRINT.

Just to add my $0.02, I had very quick responses from HE.net; they called
me about 5 minutes after I emailed noc@ and we both recorded then entered
passwords.  Level3 was a bit slower to call (about 1/2 hour), but we have
to go through a reseller.  Still a very quick turnaround.

Level3 apparently has a fairly automated system; it generated a random
password and when the guy hit a "deploy" button, the session bounced about
10 seconds later and came back up w/the key in place.

Kudos to both, I thought that in the mad rush I'd be waiting for a few
days.

Charles