nanog mailing list archives

Re: Xspedius / E.Spire as wellRe: Winstar says there is no TCP/BGP vulnerability

From: babylon () egenius org
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 00:53:26 -0400 (EDT)

Hmm... Well as Randy pointed out... I did not have the correct tools when
I configured this on all of Sprintlink in 1996, and I completed it in one
nights maintenance window. All it takes is normal planning. It is not a
pain in the ass... all of the problems you may have faced were corrected
my Mr. Heffernan at Cisco when I ran into them first in 1996. I would
say the rest is laziness.... or the belief it was unnecessary.

jon

right. All the whining about how we all should have deployed MD5 years ago
proves one very important point, it hasn't been deployed widely because it
is a ROYAL PAIN IN THE !@#$%^&*. I haven't actually run the tests myself,