nanog mailing list archives

RE: 69/8...this sucks

From: "McBurnett, Jim" <jmcburnett () msmgmt com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 16:00:01 -0500

IIRC, some RFC recommends updating the root zone cache monthly...
following this would ensure one had proper root/gTLD addresses.

The above also would break DNS for broken networks for a two
month stretch... long enough to flush out bad rules.

      You want to move things like gtld servers,
yahoo/google (and other 'important' things), including
things like oscar.toc.aol.com into these.

      This will leave the clueless to buy a clue and
stimulate the economy ;-)

      - jared

Hey if it will be a great Stimulas package I bet we could get
congressional research funding to try it..... ;)