nanog mailing list archives

Re[2]: SPEWS?

From: "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol () JustThe net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 20:39:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Richard Welty wrote:

Then the ISP shouldn't be punished just because they wrote a bad
contract.

actually, i think Valdis was alluding to the Paetec fiasco with Monsterhut.
in that particular case, the contract was ok, but Monsterhut lied to the
court about the source of their addresses in order to try and weasel out of
being terminated.

the whole mess took a year or so to wend its way through the NY court
system. bleah.

I remember that.

Although Paetec is now being implicated in some TCPA violations over on
the junkfax mailing list, so I'm no longer convinced they're whitehat.

--
Steve Sobol, CTO  JustThe.net LLC, Mentor On The Lake, OH  888.480.4NET
- I do my best work with one of my cockatiels sitting on each shoulder -