nanog mailing list archives

Re: SPEWS?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:58:35 -0400

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 14:33:18 EDT, Sandy Harris <pashley () storm ca>  said:

If the offending ISP does not respond, and you have exhausted all avenues
available to you to get the ISP to get its customer to stop spamming -
whether by TOS'ing the customer, education or whatever -

... and you've waited a reasonable time ...

Then the ISP is obviously either incompetent or deliberately aiding the
spammers. Why should you even consider anything less than blacklisting
every netblock the ISP has?

What do you do if the ISP says "We want to turn them off, but they've managed
to get a restraining order preventing us"?  We've seen THAT before....

--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Computer Systems Senior Engineer