nanog mailing list archives

RE: SPEWS?

From: "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol () JustThe net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 23:13:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Benjamin P. Grubin wrote:

Saying that a report is voluntary and/or advisory gets more and more
irrelevant as rate of adoption increases.  Yes, the thousands of credit
card companies could choose to evaluate you in any manner they wish, but
yet they *all* judge you solely on your credit report.  So in *reality*,
is it really still useful to say it is voluntary and advisory therefore
undeserving of scrutiny/complaint?

I'm really not sure why you're making these assumptions. I don't beat
around the bush... I've never seen you on NANOG before, nor have I talked
to you in any other venue, so I assume you aren't aware of that particular
point. I didn't say SPEWS or any other listing service was undeserving of
scrutiny. I didn't even try to imply that.

--
Steve Sobol, CTO  JustThe.net LLC, Mentor On The Lake, OH  888.480.4NET
- I do my best work with one of my cockatiels sitting on each shoulder -