nanog mailing list archives

RE: verio arrogance

From: "Daniel Golding" <dgolding () sockeye com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 17:35:27 -0400

RADB is largely meaningless, in terms of authorization or authority to
advertise. However, if you have a properly delegated SWIP entry for the
block, few providers will request LOA. Those who do, should probably be
avoided.

I still like the idea of using the DNS system for this, since there are
already authoritative reverse delegations. (i.e. AS to IP block mapping)

- Daniel Golding