nanog mailing list archives

Re: Sprint peering policy

From: Richard A Steenbergen <ras () e-gerbil net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 15:41:43 -0400

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 01:38:57PM -0400, Phil Rosenthal wrote:

I would venture to say that to WorldCom, all traffic is destined to a
peer, or a customer, and they NEVER pay for traffic. Peering with them
is entirely a courtesy from them to you, as they can always see you
through their current peers.

I think you missed the definition of "tier 1"... Oh wait, we're all using
made-up definitions anyways. Nevermind.

The fact that they failed, having had such extensive peering, proves
that peering has no relation to financial difficulties (in my mind, at
least)

You are one very confused individual.

--
Richard A Steenbergen <ras () e-gerbil net>       http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras