nanog mailing list archives

Re: Sprint peering policy

From: Nigel Titley <nigel () titley com>
Date: 02 Jul 2002 17:02:42 +0000

On Mon, 2002-07-01 at 17:53, Paul Vixie wrote:

What is the connection between unregulated peering and the financial
difficulties we have seen?

The problems have been caused by:

- Bad business models
- Greed
- Corporate officers who have shirked their fudiciary responsibilities to
  the stockholders

If you can somehow tie peering into this, please be my guest, but it would
be a bit of a stretch.

you've asked and answered your own question, though.  remember, wcom tried
to buy sprint and it was only the EU's antitrust folks who stopped them.

And I like to think that my demonstration of the insane paths that
packets travelled to Wcom, which I made to the anti-trust tribunal at
the time, helped to get that purchase stopped.