nanog mailing list archives

Re: MBone access

From: Marshall Eubanks <tme () 21rst-century com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 15:09:09 -0500

Hank Nussbacher wrote:

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

Toerless Eckert wrote:

Try:

 http://www.broadcast.com/mcisp

for a list of ISP that carry Yahoo Broadcast content via IP Multicast.
I would hope that this is equivalent to full native IP Multicast
connectivity for the majority of these ISPs.

(Note: This message should not be construed as an endorsement of
any particular content provider/aggregator or ISP ;-))

---
Toerless

Hi Toerless;

 This list has 66 entries (I know some have tunnels from Y/B.C for better connectivity), and
my ASN list

http://www.multicasttech.com/papers/multicast_list.pdf

Excellent list!  But you are missing some which
pop up from my msdp tables.  Based on:

mcast#sho ip msdp count
SA State per ASN Counters, <asn>: <# sources>/<# groups>
    Total entries: 2044

You are missing ASN: 87, 777, 818, 2457, 2607,
3756, 11808.

These all post-date my list (except maybe as 2607) - looks like I need to update my list.

Marshall

Regards,
Hank

has 321. Some of the ones, like CAIS, say they do multicast, but must not multicast peer, as
they do not show up in MBGP.

--
                             Regards
                               Marshall Eubanks

T.M. Eubanks
Multicast Technologies, Inc
10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Phone : 703-293-9624
Fax   : 703-293-9609
e-mail : tme () on-the-i com   tme () multicasttech com

http://www.on-the-i.com http://www.buzzwaves.com