nanog mailing list archives

Re: When IPv6 ... if ever?

From: Bill Fumerola <billf () chimesnet com>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 14:17:12 -0400

On Sat, Sep 02, 2000 at 10:40:32AM -0700, smd () clock org wrote:

Then ask yourself, as an ISP, what benefit you get from IPv6.

My answers: not a chance, none, and zero, respectively.

At some point, when ARIN just stops issueing IPv4 address space,
I would say it would be in a {I,N}SPs best intrest to switch.

As an ASP, if my uplinks offered ipv6 address space/routing,
I'd get it and start working with it _now_ rather then later.

--
Bill Fumerola - Network Architect, BOFH / Chimes, Inc.
                billf () chimesnet com / billf () FreeBSD org