nanog mailing list archives

RE: exponential route prefix growth, was: Re: The Cidr Report

From: Sean Donelan <sean () donelan com>
Date: 22 Sep 2000 19:39:47 -0700

On Fri, 22 September 2000, "Aaron Moreau-Cook" wrote:
up getting only one /24. Then another upstream provider, quite large, forced
another /24 upon us. When we stated we didn't need/want it, they said they
could take it back but it was not standard practice; all DS3 customers get a
/24. Anyway... Think of all the other companies out there who get treated
like this?

Yes, it does seem like ARIN doesn't treat everyone the same.  I had the
same experience.  At the same time ARIN is telling me have to to divide
my customers up into /27's or ARIN won't give me any more space, a very
large upstream provider was making me take a minimum of a /24 for every
connection whether I needed it or not.  But I couldn't aggregate the /24
into anything.