nanog mailing list archives

Re: BBN/GTEI

From: steve () altrina exodus net
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 10:17:54 -0700

On Mon, Aug 24, 1998 at 09:42:50PM -0700, Paul Vixie wrote:

What I think will happen is that Exodus/GTEI will revert to public peering
and this whole thing will just blow over.  Neither network would expect to
win anything by either refusing to peer at all, or demanding private peering,
or demanding a transit relationship.

In other words this particular brew-ha-ha is not going to set any precedents.

        What about the people who got letters about shutting off their
public peering?  What will they revert to?

--
Steven O. Noble -- Sr. Backbone Engineer, Exodus Communications (EXDS)
                     --   Work:408.346.2333  --