nanog mailing list archives

Re: BBN Peering issues

From: "Tracy J. Snell" <tjs () EnterAct com>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 16:39:20 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 16 Aug 1998, Michael Shields wrote:

At any rate, I agree that the ultimate decision will be made by the
stockholders and BBN customers. It is unfortunate that in the mean time
a few unknowing BBN customers will lose connectivity to some of the
largest web sites on the Internet.

Yes.  If I were a BBN customer I'd be very upset -- because BBN would
have reduced the value of my connection to them.  Not because they are
violating Internet ideals.

As luck would have it, BBN is waiting on me to renew our T3 Monday. I'd
say that should give me a good opportunity to let them know how I feel!

Now if GoodNet would finally deliver their circuit to us I'd feel much
less worried.

--
Tracy Snell                  (312) 588-2900
President, EnterAct, L.L.C.  http://www.enteract.com