nanog mailing list archives

Re: Denial of service attacks apparently from UUNET Netblocks

From: Joe Shaw <jshaw () insync net>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 10:42:21 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 7 Oct 1997, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

On Tue, Oct 07, 1997 at 09:55:56AM -0500, Eric Wieling wrote:
Unless you are using CallerID authentication, the Ascend MAXes do not
log the caller's number.  I assume that the TNT's have the same
problem.

Then I'd suggest that Ascend customers strongly recommend an
appropriate firmware feature upgrade to the manufacturer.

Cheers,
-- jra

The Ascend MAX equipment does log it if the information is provided by the
telco.  It doesn't matter if your doing authentication based on it or not,
it will still be logged to radius accounting and/or syslog.

Joe Shaw - jshaw () insync net
NetAdmin - Insync Internet Services