Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: KillAV script update - how to stop an NOT_STOPPABLEservice

From: roamer <iam () hackingyour net>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 12:35:10 -0400 (EDT)

Any reason you aren't using net stop <service>  ?
I typically use net stop to start/stop services and sc to install/remove services.

Chris

On Thu, 9 Sep 2010, Kevin McNamee wrote:

I have tried to use the “sc” command to stop a service on Windows 7 and
get the response:

[SC]: OpenService FAILED 5:

Access is denied.

The service was flagged as “STOPPABLE” and I’m running the “sc” command
as administrator. Is there something else I have to do on Windows 7 to
get enhanced privileges in addition to running as admin.

km.