Metasploit mailing list archives

Meterpreter injection into 2 processes simultaneously?

From: John Nash <rootsecurityfreak () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 11:41:15 +0530

I know we can migrate the meterpreter to another process, but is it possible
to inject a copy of it into another process? and create a new meterpreter
session altogether? what i mean is having the ability to create multiple
meterpreter sessions with the remote machine, using a single session.

why would this be cool? In times when a meterpreter session might crash or
hang or maybe the process its within shuts down, then we have a backup
meterepreter we can connect to. This will eliminate the need for exploiting
the process again.

I know we can install a meterpereter backdoor using persistence or metsvc,
but these actively make modifications to configurations on the remote
system, which i would like to avoid.

Can this be done?

jn