Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: KillAV script update - how to stop an NOT_STOPPABLEservice

From: Carlos Perez <carlos_perez () darkoperator com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 12:24:46 -0400

Is UAC enabled? the registry keys it modifies are in HKLM so if UAC is enabled you will not be able to modify them
unless you are running as system

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 9, 2010, at 12:16 PM, "Kevin McNamee" <kevin () kindsight net> wrote:

I have tried to use the “sc” command to stop a service on Windows 7 and get the response:

[SC]: OpenService FAILED 5:

Access is denied.

The service was flagged as “STOPPABLE” and I’m running the “sc” command as administrator. Is there something else I
have to do on Windows 7 to get enhanced privileges in addition to running as admin.

km.