Metasploit mailing list archives

Pen-Testing and Metasploit Question

From: rafael.pandini at gmail.com (pandini pandini)
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 16:35:32 -0300

 I'm in the same boat that professor, trying to get into pentest
industry but I don't know "where to start". I agree with what max
said, imho methodology is the center of the thing, know how and why,
is really better than know "where to click" or what command to run.

 My questions are, "What the industry expect from a pentester" (audit
database, software source code, networks, servers , etc..), "What is
generally done in a basic pentest", and what certifications are "good"
to proof some basic knowledge. Just say to a company that "I'm able to
do a pentest, can you give me a change ?" will don't work.

 I think that I need some formal proof of knowledge, as I haven't any
professinal experience in pentest, this is the only one way that I
see.

 Thanks in advance,
 Pandini.