Metasploit mailing list archives

"Blue Screen of Death" during install

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 19:06:07 -0600

On Monday 21 January 2008, bro wrote:
quite slow to starting MSFGUI and wait long to waking up "rubyw.exe" on
my machine(Celeron 2.66G with 512M RAM, XP service pack 2).

This can take ~30 seconds the first time and ~10-15 seconds each
additional time you load it (the lag is in the module loading).

after i
click exploit "Apply" button....i suddenly found MSFGUI windows was
lost and never come out again. I try to localhost. Do I need to turn
off my AVG anti virus and anti spyware?

That can happen if the GTK library emits a warning to stderr --
unfortunately, if the program is running under rubyw vs ruby, stderr
doesnt exist and this cause the app to terminate. Anyone know how to
disable GTK warnings within an application? I dug around a bit and
couldn't find a good solution to this.

-HD