Metasploit mailing list archives

Attacking SMS/MMS with Metasploit3

From: dweston at fgm.com (Weston, David)
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 11:07:30 -0400

Rhys,
  Already on it!  I have been able to send out sms with shellcode via a DUN connection over Bluetooth to my tmobile
phone from ms3 running on os x.  It took a while to get the serial library working over Bluetooth.  There are a few
example Exploits/Shellcode around for pocketpc (mulliner.org, pentester.co.uk)  I think I will start with integrating
those as PoC modules.  There are lots of compelling reasons why that capability would be welcome in my opinion (how
many of the bigwigs at that company your running a pentest on carry a windowsce mobile device and connect it to the
internal network?)  With technologies like EDGE, GPRS, and 3G becoming ubiquitous the amount of room for
experimentation is endless.

Thanks,
David Weston
FGM, Inc