Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Official Gmail Blog: A new Buzz start-up experience based on your feedback

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 10:32:00 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: John Adams <jadams01 () sprynet com>
Date: February 14, 2010 10:20:00 AM EST
To: dave () farber net, ip <ip () v2 listbox com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Official Gmail Blog: A new Buzz start-up experience based on your feedback

This is tendentious bullshit from Google:

However, many people just wanted to check out Buzz

Many people didn't know Buzz existed when Google jammed it up their peace of mind, a fact this piece of deliberately
deceptive public relations ignores.

I know, I know. Better to ask forgiveness than permission, nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections
must first be overcome, all that jazz. I've said it, I've done it, I've advocated it, when it was appropriate. I've
never used it to excuse depraved indifference to the welfare of others.

I suggest a new realization: "Don't be evil" == "Don't lose stockholders' money".

Thanks,

     John A
     http://www.arkansawyer.com/wordpress/