Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Apple climbs on the cybergeddon bandwagon

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 06:35:21 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: George <george () alink co za>
Date: July 29, 2009 8:15:01 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Apple climbs on the cybergeddon bandwagon

On 29/07/2009, at 10:36 PM, David Farber wrote:

The nation’s cellphone networks could suffer “potentially catastrophic” cyberattacks by iPhone-wielding hackers at home and abroad if iPhone owners are permitted to legally jailbreak their shiny wireless devices — that’s what Apple claims.

Mr Farber,

For IP, if you wish.

If a mobile phone is able to crash a tower, then surely we should be concerned about the quality of code running on the tower!

An iPhone is not the only way to access a tower either - last I checked there were a number of branded phones and radio devices that could be used.

I must also agree with other posters that my next phone will be a Pre or an Android phone. Apples hardware is great, but their control regime reminds me of an arrogant spoilt supermodel.

George