Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Madness: Bailing Out Greed in Wonderland

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 06:33:31 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Dan Lynch <dan () lynch com>
Date: September 17, 2008 7:53:02 PM EDT
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>, Paul Saffo <paul () saffo com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Re:    Madness: Bailing Out Greed in Wonderland

Paul, I agree that AIG was/is too enmeshed in our economy to have it crash. But why do their shareholders or management get any "consideration" in the bailout? 0% left over is still BIG and the "perps" don't deserve a dime in
my view.

Dan

PS. It ought to fall hard on the (non)regulators as well. This may turn
into a huge witch hunt.  Only how large is Salem?