Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Madness: Bailing Out Greed in Wonderland

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 10:50:08 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Ed Biebel" <edward () biebel net>
Date: September 17, 2008 9:45:48 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Madness: Bailing Out Greed in Wonderland

One of the things that I have not heard mentioned here but was
mentioned on the BBC this morning is that AIG is the largest insurer
in China.  They indicated that the financial crisis had not yet hit
Asia but AIG's failure would have certainly sent that country's market
into a tailspin.  Of course China has significant holdings in the US
and I could see potential ripple effects if China started tightening
its credit in the US.

Ed