Interesting People mailing list archives

Comcast web support only for IE users; ignores 20% of users using Firefox, other browsers

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 08:43:47 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: paul foldes <pfoldes () eidmgt com>
Date: November 19, 2008 8:15:25 AM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Comcast web support only for IE users; ignores 20% of users using Firefox, other browsers

Dave,

for ip if you wish,

Dont know if this appeared on IP yet, but this morning after receiving a notice from Comcast that my ability to send email was arbitrarily cut off under the presumption that i was sending spam, which i wasnt - but apparently Comcast has not heard of email reply address spoofing - they urged me to go to a link to get a 'fix'

When I went to the link i got following notice:

Comcast One Click Fix Library *We're sorry, Comcast One Click Fixes are meant to run from Internet Explorer Only*

Apparently Comcast is only interested in supporting IE users, and doesnt care about the 20% of the market that uses Firefox, and other browsers. More documentation for Comcast's lack of concern for its customer's needs.

paul
--
Paul Foldes
Email: pfoldes () eidmgt com