Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: The terrible, no good, rotten, horrible, really bad Web site list ( YES YES djf)

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 07:01:03 -0700

From: Deborah Alexander [dsalexan () optonline net]
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 9:50 AM
To: David Farber
Subject: RE: [IP] Re:      The terrible, no good, rotten, horrible, really bad Web site list ( YES YES djf)

While I agree with the discussion of the problem the author propounds a
falsehood as to there being no candidate repudiating the Bush grab for
power. While the distinction between Presidents Clinton and Bush on the
issue were more quantitative than qualititative, there is in fact a
reasonably clear contrast between McCain and Obama:

As to McCain, it is increasingly clear that the Senator will embrace the
unitary executive. See
http://civilliberty.about.com/b/2008/06/08/does-mccain-endorse-the-unitary-e
xecutive-theory.htm
and
http://www.alternet.org/election08/87402/

By contrast, Barack Obama recently announced [in late May, I believe] that
within the first 100 days of his presidency he will be reviewing the
constitutionality of all the laws and executive orders passed under George
W. Bush, and move to overturn those which don't pass muster.

This is a good start and is in sharp contrast to what is being learned about
Sen McCain.

Articles on the Obama statement can be found with some digging, although
discussion of this was not picked up in the major media - perhaps respect
for constitutional law by a constitutional law professor is just not sexy
enough for the MSM.

Some mention in Huffington Post June 2, 2008, and New York Sun, March 31,
2008.

Deborah S. Alexander, Esq.
Alexander Law Offices LLC
395 Springfield Avenue