Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Silliness in Action: California Poised for Cell Phone Ban

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:58:43 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Amos Jessup <amos () san rr com>
Date: August 28, 2006 6:10:17 PM EDT
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: Silliness in Action: California Poised for Cell Phone Ban

Bryan's story emphasizes a really important issue.  Legislating against
human stupidity is an exercise in futility. For example, not learning the control panel before you start driving a new car is less than brilliant. My daughter's first driving lesson was limited to finding every control in the cockpit until she could do it with her eyes closed. Then, she got to start
the engine.

Fundamentally, I don't think mandating morals or smarts is a workable
approach.

On 8/28/06 03:28, "David Farber" <dave () farber net> did kindly say:

Begin forwarded message: