Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Bush administration asks for halt to .xxx domain [fs] [based on 6000 letter indeed djf]

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:26:33 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: jean_camp <jean_camp () harvard edu>
Date: August 22, 2005 12:17:45 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Cc: Ip Ip <ip () v2 listbox com>
Subject: Re: [IP] more on Bush administration asks for halt to .xxx domain [fs] [based on 6000 letter indeed djf]

Karl,

xxx represents a particular construction of obscenity. Unfortunately for most of the population of the planet, this includes women's health information and much information about sexuality. However, as for the worst in human nature, I believe we need to save that phrase for particular horrors of genocide and torture rather than people touching themselves and each other. That in 2005 many of us feel compelled to say that we all abhor non-traditional consensual sexual practices, does say something rather sad about families - or at least about how we raise our children.

thanks,
Jean