Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Bush administration asks for halt to .xxx domain [fs] [based on 6000 letter indeed djf]

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:57:22 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Adam L Beberg <beberg () mithral com>
Date: August 16, 2005 4:16:30 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] more on Bush administration asks for halt to .xxx domain [fs] [based on 6000 letter indeed djf]

Dave,

Not to dive to far into the practical side of things, but anything they
do to stop myself and millions of others from having to pay what I'm
sure will be a high cost to register trademark.xxx before the domain
squatters and spammers do is GOOD thing. Every time a new extension is
added we're talking about an outright scam to milk companies out of
millions. We already saw this with .biz and others. And what a
motivation to pay them off too, cannot have your good name tarnished by
porn, think of the children!

Since you have farber.net, you probably don't want farber.xxx falling
into the wrong hands. However I will admit it will be fun to watch
things like microsoft.xxx and google.xxx appear (someone will eventually
miss a renewal accidently) and the media reaction we will see from that.

We should send another 6000 letters to be sure they get the point.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/