Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Bogon IPs traffic only seen by netflow, confined within a VLANonly

From: "Nyuk Loong Kiw" <Kiw () safecom co nz>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:49:00 +1200

Are all the netflow packets generated by the 4506 switch? Are you using
flowtools for netflow analysis?

From memory flows generated by cisco devices actually have the
additional interface identifier or something similar in the actual flow
packets itself, if you know which cisco interface is the 'incoming'
interface you should be able to apply a filter to look for all traffics
going through that incoming interface, that should help isolate things.

Kiw