Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Bogon IPs traffic only seen by netflow, confined within a VLAN only

From: "AJ Cochenour" <ajc () mytcpip net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 08:07:48 -0700 (PDT)

Use the following in conjuction with any host capable of running tcpdump,
ethereal, etc. (assuming CatOS):

'set span 1,6 1/2 rx inpkts disable learning enable multicast enable create'

Broken down:

'set span <SRC VLAN N..M> <DST Interface> <Direction> <Enable inband
packets to sensor interface disabled> <MAC Address learing enabled>
<Multicast eligible frame destination enabled> <create new SPAN session>'

In the example given all frames received by the supervisor for (native)
VLAN 1 and those tagged for VLAN 6 will be forwarded to the destination
port '1/2'.

AJC
ajc () mytcpip net