Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Novarg - Stopping .Zip Files

From: "Keith W. McCammon" <keith-list () mccammon org>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:35:01 -0500

Don't know of any IPS tools, largely because I think that most IPS are nonsense. But I digress...

Any SMTP gateway should be able to shut this down on a moments notice, which is what I've done countless times to allow my AV systems to catch up to other countermeasures.

Just my opinion.

Tom Milliner wrote:

Could someone tell me if there is an IPS solution
which could be quickly programmed to stop .zip
files?  I wish we could have stopped .zip files long
enough for our anti-virus program to get its updates.

Tom Milliner, CPA, MCSE
Director of Information Services
Greater Dallas Assc of Realtors
8201 N. Stemmons Frwy