Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Novarg - Stopping .Zip Files

From: Alvin Mills <alvin.mills () ttuhsc edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 10:05:43 -0600

An IPS would help with the bottleneck at your mail server. I would rather block it with IPS than having the backlog of mail being routed because my mail server is up to its neck fighting the virus.

Just my 2 cents.

Alvin

Bill Pennington wrote:
IPS? I would recommend handling this at the mail server. No need for a IPS system.

I know Postfix/Sendmail/procmail all allow you to do this. I would assume Exchange server (or and add-on product like Tumbleweed) has the ability to drop e-mails based on attachment type.