Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: CodeRed Observations.

From: "Rob Shein" <shoten () starpower net>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 21:08:08 -0500

From the testing I've just recently done, however, this is not the case.
Every time, no matter what I do, IE and IIS three-way before any data goes
anywhere in either direction.  Also, another question has come up in my
mind; if IE can just PSH its request to IIS without handshaking, it can save
time, sure.  But how does it know what kind of webserver it's about to start
talking to?  I don't see how this idea would work, so I'm wondering if there
are any references besides an anectdotal comment in that blog out there.