Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: CodeRed Observations.

From: "larosa, vjay" <larosa_vjay () emc com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 21:18:05 -0500

This would definately be the answer to my odd traffic.
It is interesting that I have never seen any threads
relating to this on any other news groups. I am going
to find an IIS server somewhere in my network tomorrow
and test this out.

On a side note, if IIS does answer to connections
with out established sessions couldn't IDS systems that track state
be fooled into ignoring some attacks? If I had the stateless
option turned on in my IDS to ignore stick/snot type attacks
I never would have discovered any of this traffic. Food for thought.

vjl