Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Subseven Scans

From: Preston Kutzner <grdnwsl () mrichi com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:08:59 -0500

Hello Rob,

Sunday, August 11, 2002, 8:42:50 AM, you wrote:

RK> Anyone else seeing a huge increase in subseven scans...6708 since about
RK> 0300Z - across all of my class C's and from quite a few sources (running the
RK> query now to see how many).

RK> Rob

RK> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
RK> This list is provided by the SecurityFocus ARIS analyzer service.
RK> For more information on this free incident handling, management
RK> and tracking system please see: http://aris.securityfocus.com

I've seen quite a bit of traffic on ports tcp/12345 and tcp/27374.
According to what I've seen, 27374 is a port used by quite a few
versions of SubSeven, as for 12345, it's not mentioned that subseven
runs on that port (that I've seen), but I am seeing attempted
connections to these ports at the same time (maybe some other vuln
attempt I'm not aware of?  anyone?).  Hope that helps.

--
Preston Kutzner | IT Manager
Marketing Resources, Inc.

computer.