Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: anyone else seen an increase in sunrpc scans these days?

From: thomas lakofski <thomas () 88 NET>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 12:52:26 +0000

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Alex Popa wrote:

In the last five days, the port scans to my entire class C have dramatically
increased, from one per two days on average, to four yesterday and six today.

Is there a new exploit around, or is there some sort of new worm out there?

i've seen things pick up since around the 21st december... between 1 and 3
attempts a day to my nonexistent portmapper.

-tl

--
          who's watching your watchmen?
gpg: pub 1024D/81FD4B43 sub 4096g/BB6D2B11=>p.nu/d