Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: anyone else seen an increase in sunrpc scans these days?

From: Ignacio Machin <imachin () CI CL>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 09:45:16 -0600

With ipchains in a linux server you can do sort of this:

ipchains -I input -p tcp -d your.ip.address/32 111 -j DENY -l

the -l param. log the discarded packets to /var/log/messages, there u can
find them, if u don't like to purge your logs u can use some packages like
logcheck to receive a periodical email with the reports.
 Also I suggest u to block ALL your unused ports , my configuration has the
entries for the used one, and at the end a line like the above but without
port number denying all the connections and logging them