Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: tin.it and others non collaborative isps.

From: lists () FIPS DE (Philipp Buehler)
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 09:05:54 +0200

Osvaldo Janeri Filho wrote To INCIDENTS () SECURITYFOCUS COM:
      IMHO it's a good idea if we unite and block ips from ISP's like
tin.it. They will collaborate as soon as their clients start to complain
that they can't access some address. What about a page that contains all
the IPs that we must block and the reasons for that?
I would appreciate that, especially if a decent format is used for
automatic processing :) Other rogue ISPs should be listed too.
Hm, tin.it would be easy to find 99% of their IP allocations through
RIPE. What about ISPs which have allocations from ARIN? There is no
inverse-key lookup on this <sorry>*^%(&%$&)</> whois-server there.

ciao

--
Philipp Buehler, aka fIpS | sysfive.com GmbH | BOfH | NUCH | <double-p>

%SYSTEM-F-TOOEARLY, please contact your sysadmin at a sensible time.
Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.