Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Source of attack: Russian nuclear facility?

From: Doug Winter <dwinter () BUSINESSEUROPE COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 15:04:35 +0100

On Mon, 7 Aug 2000, JLNelson wrote:

Bryan,

Who do you contact in situations of foreign based intrusion
such as this?

Contact your local FBI field office. You can find this at
www.fbi.gov/contact/fo/fo.htm.

Provided you're in the US. If not you may want to contact
your National
FIRST Team for more information. I suspect at the least they
can tell you
who the appropriate law enforcement agencies are.

A list of FIRST Teams is available via:

http://www.first.org

Apologies for the slightly parochial question, but I've been trying to find
out who to contact in the UK for incident response.

You'd think it would be easy to discover, wouldn't you?

I believe it must be Scotland Yard's Computer Crime division, since we
appear to have no CERT, but nobody at Scotland Yard has replied to my emails
(I assume they're all out on the beat ;-).

Does anyone out there in our little Isle know who and what I should list in
our Incident Handling policy?

Regards,

Doug Winter
Chief Technology Officer

T: +44 (0)20 7961 0341
M: +44 (0)7879 423 002
E: dwinter () businesseurope com
3 Waterhouse Square, Holborn Bars, 142 Holborn, London EC1N 2NX