Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Source of attack: Russian nuclear facility?

From: JLNelson <JLNelson () CMCCONTROLS COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 17:36:12 -0400

Bryan,

Who do you contact in situations of foreign based intrusion
such as this?

Contact your local FBI field office. You can find this at
www.fbi.gov/contact/fo/fo.htm.

They can put you in touch with the NIPC (National Infrastructure Protection
Center)and the Infragard program. I usually skip CERT and go to these guys
when there are international sourced attempts hitting my network. And,
believe it or not, we do get a few. One of the most recent was a fairly
concerted attempt from Pakistan.

Regards,

Jeff

Jeffrey L. Nelson        |  Cleveland Motion Controls
Network Manager          |  7550 Hub Parkway
                         |  Cleveland, Ohio  44125
jnelson () cmccontrols com  |  216-642-5147