Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Honeyd 1.0 DHCP Question

From: <patrickstjohn () gmail com>
Date: 8 Feb 2005 01:52:37 -0000

Hello again,

Sorry I'm just not getting it to work. Is there a problem with only having one NIC on here? Is it a problem having a
static ip and a dhcp address on the same NIC? I'm still getting the 169.254.*.* address. This is the command I'm using
to debug this problem:

honeyd -d -p nmap.prints -a nmap.assoc -f honeyd.conf -l honeypot.txt -i eth0

This is my current configuration:

create default
set default personality "Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP1"
set default default tcp action reset
set default default udp action reset
set default default icmp action open
set default uid 32767 gid 32767
dhcp default on eth0 ethernet "mac address of my single nic"

Am I still missing something to get DHCP to work? Do I have to install a second nic for listening? I've used arpd in
the past but I'd rather not mess with our arp tables again if I can get the dhcp option to work. Thanks in advance for
any light any of you can shed on this subject.

Patrick
P.S. Everything starts fine and I can look at the web configuation interface so I'm assuming everything is working it's
just not grabbing a dhcp address to listen on.